Receive personalized attention from your dedicated guide and travel at your own pace on this private day tour of the city of Kandy. Explore numerous attractions including the spice market and the UNESCO-listed tooth relic, as well as Kandy Lake and other landmarks.
- Convenient pickup and drop-off in Colombo
- Travel in an air-conditioned vehicle for the utmost comfort
- Bottled water for hydration along the way
- Dedicated guide crafts an itinerary for just you and your party
- Hotel Pick-up and drop-off by an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Bottled water ( 1 Liter)
- Fuel surcharge
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- No Lunch or any other meals and drinks (available to purchase)
- No Expenses of personal nature such as – Tips for Guides, Drivers, Porters & waiters. – Laundry, medical bills, telephone calls, personal travel insurance, etc.
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Colombo, Colombo, Western Province,
Traveler pickup is offered We pick up from any of the hotels in Colombo or Mount Lavinia
Departure Time: 6:30 AM
Return Details Returns to the original departure point
What To Expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Ok, Lanka Travels, 393/2, Gonahena Kadawatha, Colombo 11850 Sri Lanka You will be picked up from your hotel (only in Colombo city), Mount Lavinia or in front of Dutch hospital-Colombo, 01 by our chauffeur guide at 06:30 am and commence the day tour to Kandy.
Iparanigama Theme Park, Wagolla, Rambukkana, Sri Lanka: First you will be taken to the visit “Iparanigama Theme Park” in Pinnwala where it has been reconstructed the traditional village life in Sri Lanka around three centuries ago. You can see the traditional cultivation methods, the economic system, culture of the ancient village, key places in a village and the major characters in a village, etc. Duration 1 hour
The Island Spice Grove, Utuwankanda, Mawanella 71500 Sri Lanka: After the memorable experience in Pinnawala you will be transferred to Kandy and on the way stop at a Spice garden where you will be introduced different spices of Sri Lanka and see how the spices are grown, harvested and produced. Then have lunch at a local restaurant.(Your expense) Duration: 1 hour
Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka: After that transfer to Kandy and visit the temple of the sacred tooth relic (Sri Dalada Maligawa). This is one of the most sacred and important places of Buddhists. You will be able to see the room where the tooth relic is kept and many other places including Aluth Maligawa, Audience hall, and World Buddhism museum. Duration: 2 hours
Kandy View Point, Rajapihilla Mawatha, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka: Thereafter commence the sightseeing of Kandy city including Kandy lake, viewpoint, Kandy city center, Kandy Market. Next, you will be taken to visit the Gem museum, wood carving shop, and silk shop. Duration: 1 hour
Embilmeegama Tea Factory, 151 Colombo Road Pilimathalawa, Embilmeegame 20450 Sri Lanka: Then proceed to a tea factory where you can taste a variety of Ceylon tea and see how these the tea is produced in the factory. On completion of the Kandy day tour transfer back to Colombo and you will be safely dropped at your hotel or at the place where you picked up. Duration: 30 minutes.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Childe supplements will be added when sharing with parents.
- Formal Dress code has required both men and women when entered into Temples and National Museum. Your knees and shoulders must be fully covered by the dress. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.